On Saturday March 30th, 2019 the Vancouver Section held its Annual General Meeting and Gala.
The event was a success, attracting over 100 members, guests and friends of the Section.
The evening was enjoyed by all as it provided an opportunity to socialize with friends and colleagues, and to savour a delicious buffet dinner.
In addition to the traditional Vancouver Section reports and AGM business matters, the event also offered:
- a student poster competition
- the announcement of Vancouver Section Awards
- the announcement of Vancouver Section Student Scholarship Awards
- special awards from the Women In Engineering (WiE) Affinity Group
- an excellent keynote presentation by Mr. Tony Geheran of TELUS
- a raffle draw
For a complete report and a link to the AGM 2019 photo gallery, please visit our AGM 2019 web page!
Section Vice Chair Mike Paraskake and Section Chair Bob Gill thanked the AGM sponsors for their generous support.
The AGM 2019 sponsors were:
University of the Fraser Valley
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Finally Section Chair Bob Gill thanked the attendees for their support of the Vancouver Section, and urged all attendees to provide feedback by completing the AGM 2019 attendee survey.