Chapter Chair Report 2005
IEEE CAS Society joint Chapter of the Vancouver/Victoria Sections: http://vancouver.ieee.ca/CASS/index.htm
The CAS Society Vancouver/Victoria Sections Chapter was established on 20 March, 2001 as a joint Chapter with Vancouver and Victoria IEEE Sections.
The Chapter members are interested in the spectrum of activities ranging from basic scientific theory to industrial applications. Cooperation is sought with other IEEE societies, groups, and committees with related scopes within the Section. The Chapter works closely with the IEEE Vancouver Section. Monthly reports are sent to the Section prior to the monthly Section meetings, held every first Wednesday of each month. We maintain an e-mail list <firstname.lastname@example.org>. The list is periodically updated and currently contains 79 members. This is a low-volume unmoderated electronic mailing list that is used to announce upcoming seminars and events.
Our goal is to support the mission of the CAS Society through organizing local technical meetings, seminars, workshops, and conferences, and through disseminating information of interest
and relevance to the CAS members.The meetings are open to public and are often attended by students and faculty at SFU.
The Vancouver Section Web page http://vancouver.ieee.ca/ contains information about recent seminars. Seminars are organized on the Simon University campus, in Burnaby, British Columbia. The current venue is the SFU’s Interdisciplinary Research in the Mathematical and Computational Sciences (IRMACS) with its modern facilities: http://www.irmacs.ca/. The Chapter also participates in the CASS Distinguished Lectures program.
The list of our past speakers includes:
– Dr. Kotikalapudi Sriram and Dr. Doug Montgomery, “Internet routing security: BGP behavior under peering session attacks”,November 9, 2005;
– Dr. Mohamad Sawan, “Advanced techniques to build smart implantable medical devices”, May 4, 2005;
– Dr. Ioanis Nikolaidis, “On the use of transmission power control for energy-efficiency MANET services”, August 22, 2002;
– Dr. Christopher P. Silva, “Chaos, fractals, and wavelets in communications and signal processing”, June 7, 2002.
Presentations (PDF files) are available for download from the Chapter Web page: http://www.ieee.ca/vancouver/cas/.
The Chapter was also involved in organizing the 2004 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), held May 23-26, 2004 in Vancouver.
For the benefit of members who could not attend the symposium, conference presentations are posted on
the conference Web site http://www.cmsworldwide.com/ISCAS2004
– Forum Presentations
– ISCAS 2004 Photos
– IEEE Circuits and Systems Society 2004 Awards and IEEE Fellows [PDF]
– Plenary notes for the three plenary speakers
– Tutorial notes for tutorial presenters (partial list).
Report prepared by:
Tel: (778) 782-3998
FAX: (778) 782-4951