Activate your Self-Esteem Using Metacognition
September 21 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An interactive workshop on helping the audience to activate their self-esteem using metacognitive strategies. The main objective of the workshop is to help them to create self-awareness so as to discover themselves through reflection, build up their resilience and to increase their performance in terms of personally and professionally.
The effectiveness of metacognitive skills is based on researchers that are in Mathematics Education, Linguistics, Clinical Psychology, Cognitive Psychology as well as Educational Psychology.
VentureLabs® SFU is a founding member of the pan-Canadian Incubate Innovate Network of Canada is partnership with Ryerson University, the university of Ontario Institute of Technology, sponsored in party by the Government of Canada’s National Research Council. VentureLabs® partners include leading universities, government, industry and investment section partners who collaborate in supporting innovation, acceleration, and scale-up of world class Canadian technology businesses.
Speaker(s): Selyn Chen,
- 6:30 to 6:45 PM: Registration
- 6:45 to 6:50 PM: Audience to write 3 words/short phrase that they think best describe themselves
- 6:50 to 7:00 PM: Introduction to Self-concept & Self-Esteem
- 7:00 to 7:10 PM: Introduction to Metacognition and the Strategies
- 7:10 to 7:20 PM: Interactive activity using Sli.do on practicing the strategies
- 7:20 to 7:25 PM: Q&A open floor
- 7:25 to 7:30 PM: Reading materials and videos links for deeper understanding, and Closing
Bldg: Coal Harbour Centre
555 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia