IEEE Vancouver Sectionguillaume_b9@yahoo.com |
The Vancouver Section of the IEEE promotes the exchange of technical information and awareness of the local engineering community by:
- Hosting technical presentations and seminars on topics of current interest
- Organizing tours of local companies, research labs, and industrial sites
- Arranging for local support and participation in engineering conferences and symposia held in Vancouver.
Other important activities include:
- Recognizing local members by nominating them for advancement in IEEE membership grade and/or IEEE technical and service awards,
- Arranging for industry support of projects organized by IEEE student branches and chapters, and,
- Organizing events or activities concerning either technology or public policy for the general public.
The Section currently has about 2200 active members, including 325 students at BCIT, SFU, and UBC. It is the second oldest section, and among the largest sections in Canada.
The Section operates on a fiscal year that runs from Jan – Dec of each year. The election of new officers is held each year in the fall, and election results are announced in December. The Section Annual General meeting is held in the spring to report on Section operations to all Section members. Technical meetings and social events for members are held year-round.
The Section’s 15 technical chapters represent 34 of the IEEE’s technical societies. In some cases, chapters representing several technical societies are combined to form a “joint chapter”. To see the entire list of chapters please click on the Technical Chapters tab located on the menu bar to the left. Each chapter usually holds 5-6 technical meetings or tours each year. Some chapters organize a few half or full day seminars, and a distinguished lecture or two.
- There were no results found.