- This event has passed.
2019 IEEE PNW YP Leadership Summit
July 12 @ 7:00 pm - July 14 @ 7:00 pm
More Details & Program information: http://site.ieee.org/seattle-yp/2019-pnw-yp-leadership-summit/
An exciting 1-day leadership summit & meetup for IEEE Young Professionals & Students in the Pacific NorthWest USA hosted by the Seattle, Vancouver BC, and Portland Section, and Region 6. On Saturday, July 12th, 2019 over 50 YPs will meet in Bellevue, WA at the Red Lion Hotel to network, socialize, discuss workplace issues, and learn how to effectively use IEEE to further career development and personal endeavors.
Young Professionals working in various industries will attend including:
- Software Development & R/D
- Engineering & Design
- Project & Program Management
- Technology Business Development & Marketing
- Web Development
- Database Engineering & Data Scientists
Why & Who should attend this 1-day conference:
IEEE Members who identify themselves as Young Professionals or Students in Vancouver, Seattle, and Oregon Section. YPs in different regions are welcome to attend. In a world where everything is connected, personal relationships and professional network is extremely important. This 1-day conference helps IEEE YPs and Students grow their network and discuss workplace issues like “How to Manage your Manager” while learning more about IEEE related resources.
The Registration cost will cover:
- Friday, July 12th — Snacks and Dinner
- Saturday, July 13th — Lunch @ Azteca Mexican Restaurant
- Saturday, July 13th — Conference Room and Presentations including coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Sunday, July 14th Outdoor hiking activity
- 1 Night & 2 Night Subsidized hotel w/ registration options
Subsidized Hotel Funding Availability
1 and 2 night subsidized hotel funding is available for those who need it. Please be sure to select the correct option on the registration page. Also, please consider to secure your hotel directly to allow others to use the subsidized funding option. There are 15 total rooms available for 1 night; check-in Friday July 12th and Checkout on Saturday July 13th. And 10 total rooms available for 2 nights; check-in Friday July 12th and Checkout on Sunday July 14th. Each room will have 2 queen beds and you must share a room with another IEEE member (preference will be given for males with males and females w/ females).
Once the correct option for the registration is filled out, please complete the Subsidized funding application which will help us plan everything. Again, all requests will need to share a room with another individual. You must register for the conference and select the correct registration option before your hotel room can be assigned.
— $35 for locals and/or non-hotel funding
— $75 for registration + 1 night hotel (shared rooms)
—- $125 for registration + 2 night hotel (shared rooms)
Please review the Hotel Funding page for details if you plan to register with hotel funding.
SUMMARY STEPS TO SECURE SUBSIDIZED HOTEL FUNDING
1. Ask yourself, “Can I afford or does it makes sense to pay out of pocket?” If not, proceed to step 2.
2. Proceed to the vTools Registration page and select 1 night or 2 night hotel option with registration.
3. Fill out the Funding Application (Google Form) so we can plan things out:
4. We will send a hotel funding confirmation and room assignment via email