AGM and Gala 2023 successful return to in person events
VANCOUVER SECTION AGM 2023
On Saturday March 25, 2023 the Vancouver Section held its Annual General Meeting and Gala event. The event was a major success, bringing together more than 100 members, guests, and friends of the section. This marked the return to an in-person event for the first time since 2019, following three years of virtual-only AGMs without corresponding galas. Attendees were glad to be in-person once again, enjoying the company of friends and colleagues, as well as a fantastic buffet dinner.
In addition to the tradition reports associated with the AGM business, the event also included:
- a student poster competition
- an address by IEEE Canada President Rob Anderson
- the announcement of Vancouver Section Awards
- recognition of one member’s 50 year IEEE anniversary
- the announcement of Vancouver Section Scholarship Awards
- a unique keynote conversation featuring Shivam Kishore of the United Nations
For a complete report and link to the AGM 2023 Photo Gallery, please visit our AGM 2023 web page.
Section Chair Jacqueline Nichols and Past Section Chair Matthew Wilder thanked the AGM sponsors for their generous support.
The 2023 AGM sponsors were:
- Destination Vancouver | Mind Program
- KPU Melville School of Business
- University of The Fraser Valley – School of Computing
- Dual Fluid Energy Inc.
- Northeastern University – Vancouver
- Powertech Labs
- SFU School of Engineering Science
Finally, Section Chair Jacqueline Nichols thanked all attendees for their support of the Vancouver Section.