Week of Events
5G requires higher data throughput due to higher numbers of users and devices, applications, and data rates. Adding the spatial domain using beamforming or Massive MIMO (MIMO) offers another resource... Read more
IEEE is a non-profit organization for the engineering community around the globe. Its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing, and technology information around the globe.
IEEE Women in Engineering
The IEEE Women in Engineering is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in STEMS particularly in engineering.
IEEE Young Professionals
The IEEE Young Professionals is an international community of innovative members and volunteers. Members of this community are interested in elevating their professional image, expanding their global network, connecting with peers locally and giving back to the community.
IEEE Blockchain Special Interest Group
Blockchain is a new and emerging technology family positioned on the leading edge of the technology hype curve. It is not bleeding or cutting-edge technology; nor is it fully formed, standardized, or supported by best practices. The Blockchain Technical Community is highly fragmented and badly needs what the IEEE can deliver; a stabilizing think space of seasoned professionals specifically trained and positioned to make a difference. Blockchain is by far the most forward thinking, impactful, and disruptive emerging technology family that the Future Directions Committee and the IEEE has sought to embrace.
- New IEEE Fellows Named January 2, 2023
- Section Election – Chapter and AG Officers 2023 December 7, 2022
- Vancouver Section Election – Section Officers 2023 December 7, 2022
- Two BCIT student members awarded PES Scholarships November 30, 2022
- VANCOUVER SECTION OFFICER NOMINATIONS and ELECTION 2023 November 8, 2022
- AFFINITY GROUP and CHAPTER OFFICER NOMINATIONS and ELECTION 2023 November 8, 2022
- IEEE Historic Milestone – plaque dedicated November 3, 2022
- In-person IEEE Day event attracts attendees! October 30, 2022
- IEEE Day Vancouver – Special Keynote Speaker Announced September 29, 2022
- Rabab Ward wins IEEE Fourier Award August 30, 2022