Section Award winners named at AGM & Gala 2023
Vancouver Section Awards – Winners Announced
Local IEEE activities within the Vancouver Section are not possible without the dedicated volunteers who organize many activities for our members.
From social events to technical talks, these activities require effort to plan and execute, and deliver value to local IEEE members. The Section Chair, Jacqueline Nichols was pleased to announce the winners of section awards for their contributions during 2022. The award winners are:
- Outstanding Small Technical Chapter (tie) – Joint Aerospace & Electromagnetics (Dave Michelson)
- Outstanding Small Technical Chapter (tie) – Joint Solid State Circuits (Shahriar Mirabbasi)
- Outstanding Large Technical Chapter – Joint Communications (Vincent Wong)
- Outstanding Affinity Group – Life Members (Carl Zanon)
- Outstanding Student Branch – SFU Student Branch (Vahideh Shirmohammadli)
- Outstanding Volunteer – Conrad Guelke
- Service award – Matthew Wilder (Past Section Chair)
The Vancouver Section appreciates and thanks all of our volunteers, and congratulates our award winners.