Student Poster Competition Winners Announced
Student Poster Competition
A student poster competition was held at the Vancouver Section’s AGM & Gala on March 25th. Students from UBC, BCIT, and KPU presented their posters and hardware demos to the panel of judges, and to the general audience consisting of AGM attendees.
The following students / teams were adjudged as the winners of the competition:
- First Prize: Jonathan Lew (UBC), “Anticipating and Eliminating Redundant Computations in Accelerated Sparse Training”
- Second Prize: Michael Andrews (BCIT), “WhaleTunes”
- Third Prize: Harvir Singh Matharu (KPU), “DNS Sinkhole”
The following students received commendation awards:
- Jaskaran Arora (KPU), “Find Recycle”
- Jordan Wong, Harrison Yuen, Andrew Chen & Eliot Lee (BCIT), “SearchCam V2”
The Vancouver Section congratulates these outstanding student members for their posters and their continued involvement in IEEE. For more information about IEEE Student membership and other opportunities available to IEEE student members, please visit the IEEE Student web site at: https://students.ieee.org/
For additional information regarding IEEE Student branches activities at our educational institutions in BC, please contact the appropriate IEEE student branch chair listed in the Vancouver Section executive listings.